Saturday, April 3, 2010

I bought a comb...


...for Q2, or about $0.26. Perfect! It pays to shop around.

I am thinking that one week, I will only do classes in the mornings so I can travel and do cool things in the afternoons. There are tons of places that I can visit cheaply to see what life outside of Antigua is like. And I definitely want to get to Tikal one of these weekends.

Right now I am sitting in my favorite internet spot, and in the building's courtyard women are selling woven shirts, blankets, placemats, tablecloths, and other beautifully made things. The colors are strong, reds, purples, blues, and the women who wove these things are obviously skilled. My teacher told me that girls in her village (San Antonio) start to learn weaving when they are about six years old. While her village is known for double sided weaving, she likes lighter, less heavy clothing better. I think that she teaches as often as there are students, but she said that she does weave in her spare time.

Today, one of my housemates requested that we stop in McDonald's. Funny thing, this wasn't a trip for food. It was to see the interior, which is beautiful. The order counter is like a regular McDonald's, but there is also one of those Starbucksified new McCafes, and in the back there is an amazing outdoor eating area with a fountain, views of the volcano, and of course, Ronald himself sitting on a bench. So far, my only picture of myself since getting here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why this keeps logging me in as Baby Time, a blog I created when Rheanna first found out she was prego!! Any ways, this is your brother!!

    I love reading your updates! What an amazing experience you're having. I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous. When you get home you have to come out here so you can tell me all the stories and show pictures.

    Can't wait to read your next entry. Have fun, you should hit up an Easter service while you are there and tell us what it was like!!

    ReplyDelete